Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Talavera Tile

As part of a long-overdue kitchen face-lift, last year I began installing the Talavera tiles and ceramics my wife and I had decided to use to add color to the kitchen. I used the tiles and ceramic geckos as the basis for some envelope and postcard illustrations.


Watercolor of broken-tile mosaic. Mailed Jan. 21, 2014



Another version of the broken-tile mosaic. For this one, I painted the tile pieces on watercolor paper, coated
them with a clear acrylic glaze, cut them out, and collaged them onto the grout-colored envelope.
Also mailed Jan. 21, 2014



I attached several Talavera ceramic geckos to the cabinets just for fun.
Mailed Feb. 1, 2014



Mailed Feb. 21, 2014



Notecard illustrating a cabinet door. Mailed Feb. 26, 2014



More cabinet-door tiles. Postcrossing postcard mailed to Australia
on Apr. 30, 2015

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these. Your kitchen must look really neat!

Sandy