Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Architecture

I haven't illustrated many envelopes with buildings or monuments; envelopes and postcards seem rather small to do the subject justice. Here are the few I have done.

I got to meet my pen pal Kelly when she vacationed in Texas and invited me to lunch in LaGrange. After lunch,
she gave me some pens, and I later used them to draw the restaurant on the back of an envelope to her.
 Mailed Oct. 3, 2011.



For decades this is the view I've seen sitting at the drive-up window at my bank. Somehow, this view captures
the ambiance of Hallettsville, with the stately old courthouse in the background looming over the
once-celebrated BBQ place and the omnipresent pickup truck.
 Mailed Feb. 16, 2012


A bit of a departure from my usual style and media, this drawing of a
cemetary monument is done in chalk and charcoal on toned paper.
Postcrossing postcard mailed to Poland on May 29, 2012


Postcrossing postcard mailed to Belarus on June 15, 2012

No comments: