Friday, June 5, 2015

Local Fauna

I live out in the country, and sometimes write in my letters about the wildlife I see out here, or the farm animals, both of which make interesting subjects for envelope illustration. And Postcrossers often request cards depicting local fauna as well.


Jackrabbits have returned to the area. Mailed Mar. 7, 2012



Portrait of Helmut, a blind rooster we had for several years until he was killed by a racoon.
Mailed Mar. 30, 2012


Vultures, my favorite bird. I love to watch them soar. Mailed Apr. 23, 2012


Postcrossing postcard mailed to Germany on Apr. 15, 2014


Copperhead! Mailed Apr. 21, 2014


Guinea fowl eggs in a thistle forest. Postcrossing postcard mailed to Belarus on May 8, 2014


Postcrossing postcard mailed to Russia on June 6, 2014


Postcrossing postcard mailed to Poland on May 26, 2015

No comments: