Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Inky Things

I try to do an envelope illustration based on something in the enclosed letter, or on something that was in the letter I am responding to. And for Postcrossing postcards, I try to do an illustration based on information provided in the member's profile. I often write about drawing in my letters, so I often illustrate envelopes with a a sketch of drawing implements. Pens, pencils, brushes, and bottles of ink also make good subjects for Postcrossing postcards.


The recipient of this card mentioned "inky things" as one of her interests. Postcrossing postcard
mailed to Iowa Apr. 21, 2014



Mailed June 8, 2012


Postcrossing postcard mailed to the Netherlands Aug. 2, 2012


Mailed Sept. 24, 2013


Mailed Dec. 5, 2014


Mailed Nov. 26, 2014


Postcrossing postcard mailed to Russia Apr. 20, 2015


No comments: